Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We're going to Kansas City (well, I already went...)

So, last weekend was Beth's bachelorette party in KC. Yep, hosted by ME. 

Last week was crazy, I was finishing an issue to take to the press and trying to get everything I needed for KC (champagne, stuff to outfit the bride, stuff to outfit the party-goers, etc.). Needless to say, John and I were a little snippy to each other. Ha...it happens.

Anyway, KC was way fun. For planning a bachelorette party in a city that I'd never even been to, I have to pat myself on the back! We stayed at the Marriott Country Club Plaza and it probably couldn't have been a better location. We were a 10 short-minute walk to all the shopping we could have wanted and we were well within a short hotel shuttle ride to all the fab restaurants. 

I got a tip from a friend of a friend to hit up the bar at the Intercontinental hotel, and that was probably the most fun. We went on Friday night after a great dinner at Baja600 (also really good, try the sangria swirl, fab-u-lous!). The bar was so fun. Beth found this awesome fruity martini and they had a great band playing (and taking our requests). Unfortunately, there was a creepy couple that tried their hardest to ruin our night, but we weren't having any of that.

On Saturday, we had a great brunch and then shopped around the Plaza. Around 1:30 or so B and I headed to the spa for our facials, and can I say that was THE best facial ever. My esthetician was beyond friendly (she had a lot of good suggestions for Saturday night) and she had some of the best stories! After our relaxing afternoon at the spa we headed back to the hotel to snack, get ready and headout!

Unfortunately, my pics aren't on the computer just yet, so pictures to come. 

Anyway, I've already told John that we need to plan a trip back to KC. There's so much to see and do!!

No comments: