Monday, March 7, 2011

belly business -- 31 weeks


How far along: 31 weeks 
Size of the baby: head of lettuce (19 inches and 3.9 lbs.) 
Total weight gain/loss:  official weight gain from the doctor -- 15 pounds. I'm not weighing on my own, so I'm going with what the doc told me last time.
Maternity clothes: All maternity pants, but now that the weather is nice, I've been able to wear some of my non-maternity short-sleeved shirts, etc. 
Cravings: yesterday I had to have McDonald's french fries, and I think that's my first true random craving
Symptoms: The backaches are getting more frequent and I'm sleeping with a couple pillows to ease back and leg pain. Sleeping is getting a little tough, but I've had two good nights in a row. 
Movement: Lots of movement.
Gender predictions: The nurse at my last appointment thinks we're having a boy.

We've had a pretty eventful week -- full of ups and a downs. 

On Monday I had a doctor's appointment, and, once again, I got a thumbs up on everything. The baby's heartbeat was 136 bpm. Sadly, we won't be getting to see our little buggaboo again (in an ultrasound), unless something isn't measuring as it should be, so I'm crossing my fingers that won't be the case. So, the next time we'll see baby M will be when we meet him/her in 9 weeks or less!

Thursday afternoon I saw on facebook that one of our friends was in labor with their little girl! She came about 5 or 6 weeks early, weighing in at 6 lbs and measuring 19" and both mom and baby were doing really well. The funny thing is that we were supposed to be in Dallas this weekend for their baby shower! I'm packing up their gift and putting it in the mail tomorrow -- their going to need everything they can get their hands on!

The same day, I found out another friend of ours were not going to be having a baby afterall. They were supposed to find out if it was a boy or girl and instead found out that it had health issues and wouldn't end up making it. Needless to say, we went from very excited to devastated for our friends. The events of this week just reiterates what John says: having a baby really is a miracle. 

Friday night, J and I put together the crib (with a little help from his friend Brad). I love the crib and can't wait to get the mattress and be able to put it all together with the bedding!

Saturday (since we didn't end up in Dallas for a baby shower) we went to OKC to look for a chair for the nursery. J's grandparents are very generous and have decided that that is going to be their gift to us. Though we both had different ideas of what we did/didn't want, we found something that is a definite compromise. I'm really excited!

And, finally, yesterdayJ will finished the final paint touchups in the room. We have a shower next weekend (almost my entire family will be in town!) and I'd like the room to be as ready as possible.

Below are a couple pics of the crib. I'll have a 31 week pic up tomorrow! Have a fab Monday!



No comments: