Thursday, August 2, 2012

the usual: bullet points

It's brain dump time!! Who's excited??

• It's hot. Like surface of the sun hot. Like, the high yesterday was 114 degrees.

I realize that most people are feelin' the heat, but geez. Just looking outside gets me all hot and sweaty. There's word of a cold front is supposed to come through sometime next week which means we'll be back in the 90s. Ugh! Is it inappropriate to wear a bathing suit to work?

• I LOVE the Olympics. Always have! What sucks now is that I have too much regular tv that I watch and that's now taking a backseat to nightly coverage of the Olympics. This means that I'm about 4 episodes behind on Big Brother and at least 2 on most of my other shows! #firstworldpains

• Speaking of the Olympics, I realize there's a time difference between here and London [5 hours to be exact], but seriously, who thinks it's a good idea to post results on facebook? I've had a few big results ruined for me because of Instagram, but that's my own fault. However, when people post winners/losers on FB that's not cool.


• I did a little handlettering and came up with a new logo of sorts for my designs. An etsy site is in the works, but I have something that's on the front burner for work and until that's finished, I'll have to put personal design work on hold a bit. But, be thinking of what you need because I'd love to help you out!!

• The last 10 days or so have been rough on our Monster Man. Sunday the 22nd [well, technically it was Monday] at 1 a.m., he woke up crying. I tried to stay strong and have him cry it out. After about 10 or 15 minutes of continued crying, I went to his room and he'd thrown up. The throwing up continued the next two nights, then died off for a few nights and he was at it again for two more nights this past Saturday and Sunday. After a trip to the doctor to find out it was most likely a virus, he hasn't thrown up again at night. But, now he's doing this morning wake up around 5 a.m., which is, ya know ... fun! Anyway, I think we're on the mend [fingers crossed].

• J and I just got back from a 5 day trip through Tennessee. We drove to Memphis [stayed at the Peabody and checked out Chi Omega HQ], ventured further east to the old homestead of J's ancestors and finally, took a tour of the Jack Daniel's distillery. It was a lot of windshield time [and i didn't drive even an inch], but it was lots of fun adult time. Adult time we needed. A post and pictures to come!

No comments: