Saturday, June 12, 2010

mustaches, chest hair and 'fros, oh my.

Last Saturday I went to a bachelorette party for a sorority sister, Amy, in Dallas.

I went down on Friday night to stay with another friend, and can I tell you that traffic was awful? I was anticipating terrible Dallas traffic, but I didn't anticipate being in park on I35 in Denton for an hour. Yep, you read that right -- park, Denton and an hour. Not fun.

Anyway, when I made it to Dallas I had a great time. Libby and I had dinner at Hacienda and then chilled. On Saturday we ran some errands kind early -- her vet, Target, Nordstrom Rack and then lunch and then layed {laid?} out at her apartment pool. We were done with our errands pretty early and it reminded us of the time my friend Kelly and I had "lots of errands to do" freshman year of college. So we left the dorms at like 10 with the intention of doing our errands and then getting a cheesy gordita crunch from Taco Bell {our obsession at the time}. Well, we were at TB by 10:30. Hilarious!

Back to the bachelorette party.

We met at one of bride's friend's condos and drank and played games and then hit the bars. One of the games we played was such a great idea.

Four of the girls had come up with 8 or 9 questions about Amy and then they had a poster with numbers 1-33 on there that corresponded with a "costume." So, you chose a number and then a question was chosen at random. If you got it right, you could pass your costume on to someone else, if you got it wrong, you had to wear it. A great idea, really!

I got both of my questions wrong and ended up with a Pinocchio nose and a mustache.

Chi Os -- me minus my mustache. Amy is the one with the champagne bottle. Don't you love the chest hair??


Group picture taken with the timer -- my idea! ha...


At some point in the night I might have put my nose in my purse and traded my mustache for the 'fro.


thanks for letting me us your pics, Megan!

We had a great time going from bar to bar and then when it was time to go home, I knew we were staying at Amy's but I didn't know we'd be taking an hour-long cab ride up to Frisco with the slowest driver ever! It makes for a good story, though. 

Have you ever worn a mustache at a bachelorette party?

2 comments:

Wilmary S. said...

Fun idea!! Love the pics!! lol

Wilmary S. said...

That idea is so fun!!! lol
You all look really cool!!