Monday, April 25, 2011

belly business -- 38 weeks


How far along: 38 weeks 
Size of the baby: baby M is now as big as a watermelon (about 7 lbs. and 19-22 in.) 
Total weight gain/loss:  21 pounds
Maternity clothes: Lately, I find myself back to online shopping, looking for dresses that I can (hopefully) wear in the summer that will work for breastfeeding. Have I mentioned I'm sick of maternity clothes??
Cravings: margaritas!
Symptoms: swelling, discomfort while sleeping, back aches, acid reflux and nesting -- I've obviously hit the really fun part of pregnancy...  
Movement: Movement has slowed a little due to lack of space, but the baby finds ways to move and flip around.
Gender predictions: I feel a little sad that I don't have an inkling what we're having. Some days I think it's a girl for sure because so many of our friends are having girls and then others I think it's a boy. No clue!

So, I'm officially 13 days away from my due date, which is so surreal. I'm excited and anxious for the baby to get here. But, I'm also so nervous about everything that comes after: figuring out what the baby needs/wants, making sure we have everything we need and, generally, life after baby. 

I'd say if the baby decided today was the day, we'd be ready. I'm sure there are some things we still need, but the big things are in place and ready. 

As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather the baby come earlier rather than later. I'm getting to the point that sleep isn't as plentiful as it used to be and getting around isn't as easy. But, if I was taking my work situation into consideration, it would be better if the baby were a couple days late. What does this all mean, then? NOTHING! I don't know when the baby is coming and I have pretty much no control over it! Ha...

The nursery is pretty much ready. Once I have the curtains hung and a couple of shelves on the wall, I'll post pics of it!

Until then, here's my weekly picture!


No comments: