Jack was in his high chair the other day and I just started thinking about how he'll be 2 1/2 next year at Halloween and soon enough [too soon, honestly] he'll be 6 1/2 and he'll be a little boy and not my baby anymore :(. It's just so crazy how time flies, especially when you really sit down to think about everything that's happened in such a short time.
Anyway ... onward.
• is jumping all.the.time. If he's not running, he's jumping.
• had about a week of not so good reports from school. From climbing on tables to pushing other kids out of the way. That was tough to hear...
• had a rough go with more teething. It seemed like he was in pain, but the teeth didn't show up. Until ... the very end of the month when his two bottom incisors popped through.
• had lots of family in town for the OU vs. Kansas State time. At one point, we had 7 people and 2 dogs in our tiny little house. That night Jack pretty much refused a bath. We threw him in, rinsed him off, washed his hair and he was out again in about 5 minutes.
• had a zoo date with me and Auntie B. I'm looking forward to many more zoo trips in the future. I can't wait until he's pointing and saying all of the animals' names!
• can point to people when you ask where they are. "Where's mama?" he points at me. "Where's dada?" he points to John. It's fun!
• is getting better and better at stacking blocks. [always working on those fine motor skills :)]
• repeating things constantly. He knows hot and cold [and which one is which when he feels something].
• is able to catch larger objects. One night John was tossing an empty 7-Up bottle to him and he caught it just about every time!
• is loving daycare. There's a newer lady there who has been doing lots of fun painting activities with his class. He comes with home with new artwork at least 3 times a week. The lady said that he gets upset with it's not his turn to paint. Do we have a budding artist??
• ended this month with pink eye and an ear infection. Thank goodness he got on some Amoxicillan because I can hardly handle a sick little monster.
17 month stats:
•probably about 25 lbs (no official stats this month)
•LOVES: bananas, peanut butter throwing/"catching"/chasing balls, Itsy Bitsy app on his phone [my old iphone], "Goodnight Moon", running everywhere, all phones and all things that he can use like a phone, jumping, Boomer Sooner [his favorite song], puzzles, sweeping/the broom/the vaccum, bathtime, sliding at the playground
•DISLIKES: coming inside, not getting what he wants (usually a phone)
•mostly 12-18 month clothes, size 5 shoe
•size 4 diaper, size 5 at night