Monday, July 27, 2009

Clean Slate

I finally talked JDM into painting our bedroom.

Since we moved in (3 years ago...I know, I know...) it's been a kind of nasty shade of light purple. To the naked eye it really looked whitish with tons of nasty marks on the walls too. So, I've been wanting to paint it for quite some time.

It took us the better part of Saturday to get the entire room primed (uhh, did you know you can buy paint with primer in it?? I didn't until we'd primed the entire room...ugh!) and painted (2 coats thankyouverymuch). But, after much soreness in my back and inner thighs (what!?!) the room looks soooo much better. As the title of this post says, it's a clean slate.

Now, we're moving into the next phase of redecoration. We have a side table that I plan to sand down and paint and add a new knob to the drawer, and I want to paint a book shelf and get some baskets for it. And, I fully intend to make a headboard for the bed also...after I get the necessary tools, of course. Plus, as usual, we have NOTHING on our walls, so that has to be remedied as well.

Sorry for the lack of pictures lately, but as soon as we have a little more in the room, I'll be using my newfound photography skills to get you guys some pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What color did you paint it?

Leah said...

You're not the only one who has waited too long about fixing stuff in your house... we've been in ours 2 years, and still haven't gotten around to most of the stuff we said we wanted to do. :( oh well.