Sunday, July 19, 2009

McKinney Meetup

We hit the road on Saturday, headed for McKinney to see our friends the Newsomes and finally meet their precious baby Ali!

Let me tell ya...the pics on their blog don't do this baby justice. She is sooo cute and sooo good! She was only mildly fussy, and this is after going down for like an hour long nap on Saturday. And, she loved having company. She was so smiley and cute, even when strangers (us) were holding her! Then, when it was time for "bed" she slept in our arms, instead of in her crib. This girl loves a good cuddle (a gal after my own heart, I must say!). She slept in Jennie's arms for a while, then John held her (sooo cute! only wish I had a pic...) and then I held her -- and had to wake her up :{.

We had a great time seeing Thomas and Jennie, it had been way too long, and can't wait to see them again soon (football games, right??) and spend more time with their kiddo.

Jennie got an awesome new camera for her birthday and we spent plenty of time talking technical jargon (oh yeah, I'm that good) and trying out pics. I can tell she's going to be one mean photog as soon as she gets a good handle on all those dials and settings. Of course, I feel the same way about myself, so she might have a little competition (ha!).

Anyway, I hardly took any pics, but I did manage two on the drive down, but you don't want to see those, right? Yeah, didn't think so.

Hope your weekend was nice -- can't beat this cooler weather we're having. It probably won't last long, so enjoy it while you can!

No comments: