Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Eeee! Project!

So, I've always loved being crafty, but never really realized until very recently that I could actually put that love to work for me!

I've decided that after being out of school for 4 years, it's time to return and get certified in graphic design. I originally wanted to just go back to college (ya know, thinking, I've got all of my basics out of the way, it'll take, like, 2 years -- WRONG! But that's whole other post.). So, I've applied to the local technology center and pending openings will be back in the educational world learning more about the adobe creative suite and what it can do for me!

In the mean time, I've taken to scouring istockphoto.com looking for any images that I HAVE to have when I make cards/invitations/announcement cards, etc. Let me tell ya...they've got a lot of great stuff on there. I've found a couple of other sites out there with equally good stuff, but this one seems the easiest to navigate.

Anyway, I've made a decision to make our christmas card this year (I know, I'm jumping the gun a little bit, but I'm just so excited and I want everyone to see that and want me to fulfill ALL of their paper/stationary needs!). I've started on it, and that brings me to my new attempt at a hobby--photography.

John got a Nikon D60 last summer and though I've always been intrigued by photography, I'm just now wanting to really figure out what all those fancy dials and terms mean! So, I've gotten all of the manuals out and I'm going to make myself take the time and do the excercises! I mean, c'mon, I've got to be able to capture every moment of our lives if I want to keep this fab blog going, right?? Yep, I thought so.

So, whenever I have the Christmas card all finished, I'll give you guys a sneak peek, but remember, this directly coincides with my ability to photograph well...so it might be around November (perfect timing!) before you see it.

Oh, and John did NOT want to be left out of my crafting post, so tonight he took to being crafty himself and wrapped bacon around some chicken breasts and then decided to just go ahead and grill the leftover bacon. Wow! Who knew!!

Ok, I'm going to go forth and mold my hobbies!

No comments: