Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Successful Weekend

This past weekend was a blast! My parents came in town on Friday. They went immediately up to OKC to have lunch with one of my dad's friends/colleagues. Of course, they went to Johnnie's. My mom can't set foot in Oklahoma without immediately thinking of when she'll get a chance to eat at Johnnie's. And, can I tell you that it doesn't matter if it's breakfast, lunch or dinner. Johnnie's is good any time of day {just ask my Aunt Brooke!}.

Once they hit Purcell, we were on for the weekend! We had dinner at Ted's on Friday night with John D and Gracie. It was nice to take my parents somewhere different. I had a great time, but I'm not so sure my mom was keen on her food. We might have to cross that one off our list {don't worry, mom, it's ok if you didn't like it :)}.

We all crashed on Friday night. My parents had been driving and John and I had worked our butts off all week, making sure that we had as much done on our next issue as possible.

Saturday morning, I had committed myself to help out at the Chi-O house to help out with 7-party day for rush. This was my first time helping out and it was pretty fun. It's so fun to see all the girls doing skits. I realize that rush sucks when you're an undergrad, but I've come to the realization that it was actually really fun...and {shock of all shocks}, I kinda miss it! I definitely want to help out again next year.

John had to help his dad and brother do PHS football photo day. After that they all met my dad out at the golf course. Though I wasn't in attendance, I think they had a good time.

My mom and I hit Norman for lunch and then shopped around Campus Corner. It was so much fun to be able to get around to all the places we've wanted to go without the gameday crowds. We found some good deals and came back with cute new stuff! Can't wait for her to come back again so we can make it to several other places around town.

That night we made our usual trip to Louie's in Brookhaven for dinner. It wouldn't be a visit from the 'rents without some Louie's action. And, as usual, it didn't disappoint. Good food, good conversation, good company.

Sunda morning, after a great breakfast, we did some Sunday driving around town and then back to the house for mom and dad to pack up.

We had a great time with them and can't wait for them to come back {soooo soon! Thank.you.football!}

I had the best intentions to get the camera out and take plenty of pictures, but if you couldn't already tell by this picture-less post...I forgot to get it out the whole time! And, if you couldn't already tell...I've been super busy lately and haven't had a lot of time for hobby photography. I'm hoping that will change as I get used to our busier schedule.

Coming soon: We had our appointment in OKC this morning for Lily with the veterinary oncologist. She had a good amount of information and we have some long, hard decision-making in our future, regarding our gal Lil.

No comments: