Monday, September 7, 2009

Not what I expected

I had high hopes for this past weekend.

Dinner and a movie with B on Friday, a wedding and the start of college football on Saturday, a lazy Sunday followed by a lazy Labor Day.

Friday night was great. We had dinner {mostly consisting of chips...ha} and then saw The Time Traveler's wife. It was ok, but I'm thinking I lost some of the information since I've never read the book. But, it must be said, although I wasn't completely into this movie, I still cried.

The wedding on Saturday night was really pretty. The ceremony was outside in the bride's grandparent's backyard. It was gorgeous...shaded with beautiful flowers, etc. We didn't stick around too long, but enjoyed the reception while we were there.

College football, on the other hand, did not go as expected. If you don't know by now...then you're just not well-informed and I'd rather not go into it.

Sunday and today were just as I suspected. I really should have gotten some work done, but definitely enjoyed just lazing around.

I guess, all in all, the weekend wasn't too bad. Although the one bad thing was pretty darn bad. I keep trying to tell myself that losing a game isn't the end of the world. It definitely hurts and probably will keep hurting, but hopefully we can get back up and treat next week as the real start to our season. {fingers crossed}

No comments: