Friday, March 26, 2010

The time has come

This Sunday is my very first half-marathon.

I've been training for {an absurd} 4 months or so. And, after running 10 miles {and feeling really great during and after}, I guess I'm ready.

I've been taking it easy this week {as my training guide said I should} and I've run a total of 9 miles.

Everyone that I talk to tells me that if I can do ten, I'll be fine. And, I have to say that I'm beyond glad that I'll have other girls to run with to encourage me and push me through the entire 13! Thanks guys! {I wish John could be there -- he has a bachelor party in OKC this weekend}

I know I've mentioned that this course is mostly downhill, but some of my friends have run it recently and said that those hills at the end are kinda killer. Ok, maybe not killer, but they're definitely hills and we'll definitely notice them.

Here's the elevation map of the course:


It's not Mount Everest, but let's be honest: Around mile 8 or 9 I'm not so sure I'll be too excited about climbing a couple hundred feet. And, if I'm being totally honest, I try to avoid hills if at all possible, so this should be interesting. Oh well, it's what I signed up for. 

I have my shoes, my Garmin, my dri-fit socks, my music and my Jelly Belly Energy beans and Gu {which I'm still not sure I'll take}. I plan on taking my camera, which means I'm planning on a race recap, complete with pictures! 

Wish me luck!

No comments: