Tuesday, July 20, 2010

HMT: on to tha next one.

That's right, I'm training again.

If you're new here you may not know that earlier this year I ran my first ever half-marathon. I had a great time, and even after I finished the race and my legs were aching I knew I wanted to run another half. I've been terrible about running since the end of March. But, I've resolved to start training again.

So, last week I started my 12 week training. And, although I have several more weeks than 12 before the half that I want to run, my plan is to jump right in and if I need a little cushion here and there, I have it. And maybe I can talk another novice runner into training with me?? Anyone? Bueller?

What race am I running, you ask?

This one. It's in Tulsa on November 21. Nice and cool running weather, just the way it should be. I haven't signed up ... but that's definitely on my to-do list!


I'm hoping my friend Libby will run it with me. She's having knee issues, but I have a little something up my sleeve to help alleviate her pain. And, no it's not a cortisone shot.

Anyway, so my first week back to training went pretty well. My only issue is that I know I can run 3, 4, 5, 13 miles, but it's getting back on the horse, so the speak, that's difficult. I have to recondition my body to get my runs in. And, let me tell ya, the heat {specifically 94 with a heat index of 108} is not helping.

So, back to the HMT updates, and if anyone wants to join in on the fun, there's only 18 weeks until the big race!

2 comments:

libbythompson said...

I will run it with you! (I am prob not the Libby you were referring to, but I am IN.)

e.bynum said...

Emily how is your training coming along? I am thinking of doing this half too:) There are some runs down here through the fall I will keep you posted on if you need some training runs! I am excited for you.