Sunday, February 27, 2011

belly business -- 30 weeks


How far along: 30 weeks -- just 10 weeks to go. nutso!
Size of the baby: head of lettuce (18 inches and 3.2 lbs.) 
Total weight gain/loss:  official weight gain from the doctor -- 12 pounds. I'm not weighing on my own, so I'm going with what the doc told me last time.
Maternity clothes: All maternity pants, but now that the weather is nice, I've been able to wear some of my non-maternity short-sleeved shirts, etc. 
Cravings: sweets and pasta with alfredo sauce
Symptoms: Bending over is definitely getting harder and getting in and out of bed has gotten harder, too. A little bit of an aching back, but really I can't complain. I still feel pretty darn good! 
Movement: Lots of movement.  
Gender predictions: I got a pedicure with a friend yesterday and the the lady doing my nails thinks it's a girl. 

I'd say this week has been pretty darn productive as far as baby is concerned. 

We had our first childbirth class on Monday. J and an family friend primed the nursery on Wednesday. And, J and another friend painted the nursery and hung a new fan in there. My goal is to get the furniture put together before our shower in the middle of March. And, I'm fully willing to help with that one!

In a bit of bad news, J's aunt called me today telling me that Babies R Us no longer carries the travel system (stroller and coordinating car seat) that we loved, nor do they carry the highchair or the swing. Great. And, I have a feeling that going back to BRU to try out strollers is low on J's list of things he wants to do. Ugh! This shouldn't be happening!

I've added a highchair and swing to our Target registry since seeing those in person isn't as essential. Now ... on to the stroller/car seat. This should be fun ...

In a bit of good news, though, I found out another friend is pregnant, due in September!! Now, if only all my friends would tell me they're pregnant so we can all have kids the same age!!

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning, so keep your fingers crossed that all is still well with baby M!

And, here are a couple pics I took of myself today. I took a 29 week pic on Thursday, but had a little miscommunication with J and it got deleted. But, I haven't changed that much since Thursday, so you get the idea.


No comments: