Sunday, August 29, 2010

Another week ...

Tomorrow marks the start of my third full week back to school. If you haven't been a diligent reader, and you don't know what I'm talking about, then just follow along, it should be mildly amusing.

Some of the highlights of last week were as follows:

•On Wednesday or Thursday we had a fire drill. Yep, a real life fire drill. We all filed out of the building and stood at an accepted distance and then, when told that "everything was ok," we all filed back in. Oh, and the teacher had to call role while we were out there.

•We took a pop quiz on Monday. Of course, we were allowed a few minutes of study time before, but then it was quiz time. I felt pretty good about it, but I knew I missed one question completely. When the quizzes were returned, I got an 88. I guess that was one of the better grades, because about half the class got below 60. Our teacher said that he was very disappointed and after a couple days of contemplation, we were allowed to retake the quiz, directly after the teacher had gone over every.single.answer. Seriously, if anyone gets below a 95, I'm worried for the youth of America.

•Twice now we've been given a list of terms that we must define and turn in. It brings me back to the days of thumbing through the glossary in the back of a book to get all of the correct definitions.

•Every single morning, no matter what day of the week, at least 5 other students tell someone/me that they're tired. I mean, come on. If you're tired, go to bed earlier. Or eat a better breakfast. Or, better yet, stop telling me, because I'm probably tired too, I'm just not announcing it.

•The teacher has to tell the students that he's going to be lecturing, and even when he lectures, it's completely disjointed. I'm used to a full class period of lectures, and having to figure out what to write down. After two weeks, I have only used one page, front and back, of my notebook for lecture notes.

Unfortunately last week wasn't as good for blog material as the first week, but hopefully I'll have more soon.

Oh, and sorry for the complete hiatus, but life is really busy {isn't it always??} and blogging has been the last thing I've really wanted to do. And, I know I've said it before, but I have some post ideas. Here's hoping I'll have a little more passion for blogging this week!

Have a good one!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I don't know what it means to get a blog award, but I just got one and passed it on to you. I think it's like a modern day chain letter? Anyway, congrats! :) And thanks for the entertaining posts.