Tuesday, December 21, 2010

belly business -- 20 weeks


How far along: 20 weeks as of Sunday (halfway ... crazy!)
Size of the baby: banana
Total weight gain/loss: as of my last appointment I've gained about 4 pounds
Maternity clothes: still no maternity clothes, but the time to get them is really creeping up on me, but I've put it off as long as possible.
Cravings: all the bad things -- salty fried food and sweets and caffeine-free Dr. Pepper -
Symptoms: not much indigestion lately (thank goodness)
Movement: I'd say the movement has really increased in the last week. On Friday night I was laying on the couch and the baby was really active. I had my hand on my belly and I felt a really big kick and J said he saw my hand move. He hasn't actually felt it yet, but it'll happen soon
Gender predictions: I've had people tell me they are convinced I'm having a girl and people convinced I'm having a boy. J's great grandmother (who turned 100 right before Thanksgiving) is certain it's a girl and apparently she called all 3 of one of her granddaughter's kids.


We had a doctor's appointment last week and everything was as it should be. The one disappointment was that somehow the doc forgot to get me scheduled for an ultrasound! I'm going back for it tomorrow afternoon (at least I can still take pics home when we go for Christmas!).

My belly is getting bigger by the day (so I think...). One of our friends is due just 3 days before me, and her belly is so much bigger than mine! I'm kinda jealous... haha! I'm sure mine will pop when it's supposed to. At least the doctor wasn't concerned that it was too small or anything.

Oh, J and I spent a couple of hours at Babies R Us last week and finally got our registry going! It was definitely exhausting but I'm so glad we finally got the big items picked out. We'll probably have to go back to finish up what we missed, but having the initial bulk of it done is such a relief!

Unfortunately, we haven't been as productive with the baby's room, but I'm working on it. I finally brought the shredder home from the office and I'm working my way through years of things that need to be shredded (boooooooring). Next on the list is getting some kind of filing system going for important documents and stored in a "safe" place. Sounds so fun, huh? Yeah, it's not.

I cannot believe that we're only days away from Christmas! J and I did Christmas with his family on Sunday night since we'll be in Austin with my fam this year. Not only is it crazy that we're so close to Christmas, but it's also weird to think that this is the last Christmas for me and J as a family of 4 (I have to count the dogs). 

Enjoy Christmas week!

No comments: