Monday, January 10, 2011

belly business -- 23 weeks


How far along: 23 weeks as of Sunday
Size of the baby: ear of corn (8.5" and 1.5 lbs)
Total weight gain/loss:  I've definitely started gaining. I weighed this morning and I'm up about 7 pounds.
Maternity clothes: Bought maternity jeans (still need a pair of skinnies) and I got a few other maternity items for Christmas. I'm hoping to find some must-haves at A Pea in the Pod so I can use the gift card I got for Christmas.
Cravings: no regular cravings. What usually happens is someone mentions something or I see a commercial on tv and I have to have whatever it is right then.
Symptoms: I've only had one bout of indigestion, other than that, I'm feelin' good.
Movement: Baby M loves to really move around in the evenings when I'm laying in bed watching tv. I think it really loves doing that just as much as I do!
Gender predictions: I've had people tell me they are convinced I'm having a girl and people convinced I'm having a boy. J's great grandmother (who turned 100 right before Thanksgiving) is certain it's a girl and apparently she called all 3 of one of her granddaughter's kids.

I have another doctor's appointment this week (doesn't it seem like I go to the doctor all.the.time?). I think this is the week I'll be doing the Glucose test for Gestational Diabetes. But I'm hoping that since it wasn't mentioned at the last appointment, I'm off the hook this time.

J has a bachelor party in Houston this weekend, so my mom is coming up. She's been itching to help out wherever she can and I thought it was perfect timing. My goal is to get a good portion of the soon-t0-be nursery boxed up and much more crib/changing table/baby ready!

I'm really kinda bummed I didn't get a 21 or 22 week picture (more for my own memories than for you guys ... haha!) so here's 23 weeks! I really think I'm starting to pop now! (Remember my friend who's due just 3 days before me? Yeah, she's so much bigger than me! I know I shouldn't compare, but it's hard not to when we're so close in due dates!)

(as usual, it's a pretty terrible pic, but I can't believe I look this big!)

1 comment:

Christine said...

You look so cute! I like your dress! Can't wait to see the nursery!