Sunday, January 2, 2011

belly business -- 21 & 22 weeks

So, I was a super slacker last week. Below are my 21 and 22 week posts. I'm 22 weeks today!

How far along: 21 weeks as of Sunday
Size of the baby: spaghetti squash
Total weight gain/loss: as of my last appointment I've gained about 4 pounds
Maternity clothes: still no maternity clothes, but the time to get them is really creeping up on me, but I've put it off as long as possible.
Cravings: all the bad things -- salty fried food and sweets and caffeine-free Dr. Pepper -
Symptoms: not much indigestion lately (thank goodness)
Movement: lots of movement!
Gender predictions: I've had people tell me they are convinced I'm having a girl and people convinced I'm having a boy. J's great grandmother (who turned 100 right before Thanksgiving) is certain it's a girl and apparently she called all 3 of one of her granddaughter's kids.


How far along: 22 weeks as of Sunday
Size of the baby: papaya
Total weight gain/loss: as of my last appointment I've gained about 5 pounds (I think I'm creeping up on the big weight gain part of all this...)
Maternity clothes: you'll be happy to know I purchased my first pair of maternity jeans this past week! And my family was super generous and I got a few cardigans for Christmas. And, a gift card to A Pea in the Pod -- ooo, can't wait!
Cravings: all the bad things -- salty fried food and sweets and caffeine-free Dr. Pepper -
Symptoms: I kind of think I had a few Braxton Hicks this past week. On Wednesday I was doing more standing than usual and that night I was feeling mild cramps that would come and go. I've also had a little back aching.
Movement: Baby M seems to love the evenings when I lay in bed and watch tv (a child after my own heart!).
Gender predictions: We had an ultrasound right before Christmas and although we told the lady that we didn't want to know, and she turned the monitor when she was checking that area out, John noticed on one of the pictures a little indicator that baby M might be a boy! But, keep in mind, this is his first time reading an ultrasound. Ha!

I'm so lazy these days, as far as belly pics are concerned. If I remember to do it when I'm dressed for the day, it's no big deal, but if I'm already in my PJs, like now, I'd rather wait until you can see the bump a little better. So, keep an eye out for a pic tomorrow!

No comments: