Tuesday, January 25, 2011

i'm busy (aren't we all?).

Last night I transferred what was left on my current to do list to a new to do list with several more items added to the list. And, inevitably, that stressed me out.

I really feel like I have been busier than I've ever been since August. I've always had work to do and several other things on my plate, but I feel run ragged. I'm sure you've noticed something was up with my lack of blogging. I sit at a computer all day, so the last thing I want to do at night is sit down and come up with something interesting to post -- I have ideas, it's the actual job of putting it all together that I don't want to take on.

I've been looking ahead at the coming months in my planner, and that just stresses me out even more. There's almost a week left in January and I'm worried about making time for everything I have going on in February. And, just to be a glutton for punishment, the month of March is even crazier -- I have something going on every weekend (and I'll be well into my third trimester).

I really enjoy doing design work on the side (Texadelphia stuff and now, I'll be working on an email invite for a Chi O senior night in OKC), but it's gotten to the point where I get a little frazzed when someone wants something from me. I don't want to feel like that because I want more projects to help improve my skills and creativity. Maybe when I have the Texadelphia list all checked off I can move on and think about other design projects. Fingers crossed!

And, do I even have to mention the stress I get when thinking about being ready for this baby to come? I'm going to lunch with a girlfriend on Thursday because I need to be able to talk baby and not feel bad for monopolizing the conversation. She's currently pregnant with her second and she's bringing her adorable 1.5 year old to lunch. Better get used to kiddos being around!

I'm pretty excited to finally get to ask questions and get advice from someone who doesn't mind talking babies. Not that others mind necessarily, but I don't want to make conversations all about me and my baby when I'm sure my other friends want to talk about what's going on in their lives and not the impending birth of my first child.

The nursery furniture is ordered (I think I told you guys that last week?) but, the big question is, where are we going to put it. The room is not at all ready for furniture. So, now I feel pressure to get all the stuff out of the room. But, when do I have time to really get in there and get stuff out? Ugh...vicious cycle!

I've told J that this weekend is officially "baby weekend." I want to get a large chunk of stuff out of the nursery (see the above point), rework a closet so that the important stuff can be easily accessible when it's moved. And, I want to finish our baby registry at Babies R Us and (hopefully) do our registry at Target. Wooo...that sounds like a lot. I'm not sure how much stuff J can handle, so if we get the first two items checked off my list I'll feel very accomplished!

Ok, just had to get it all out there. I'm busy, but so is everyone else. It's just that sometimes I don't really deal well with having so much to do. Just ask J ...

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hi there! I ordered both the Day and Night and Best View monitors from amazon.com (about a $50 price difference) and just sent back the Day and Night. The quality of the video is about the same on both. We kept the Best View for 2 reasons: 1) The pan/zoom feature is definitely worth the extra $50 to us, especially knowing that eventually Elise will be in a toddler bed and will be able to move around the room by herself. 2) The Best View is digital and therefore didn't have any static. The Day and Night encountered some interference on both channels, even though we unplugged and put away our other monitor. I guess this is due to cell phones or wireless internet. One channel was better than the other but we still experienced static on both. Hope that helps! Can't believe we have just over 3 months to go!