Sunday, January 30, 2011

belly business -- 26 weeks


How far along: 26 weeks
Size of the baby: cucumber (14 inches long, 2 lbs.) 
Total weight gain/loss:  official weight gain from the doctor -- 8 pounds (I haven't weighed myself since then and I don't really want to, to be honest)
Maternity clothes: I'm now rocking mostly maternity clothes. I can still fit into most of my non-maternity tops, but the pants are All Maternity, All the Time.
Cravings: sweets
Symptoms: I really can't complain!
Movement: Lots of movement. I definitely notice a jump in movement after I've eaten something sugary. 
Gender predictions: I've had people tell me they are convinced I'm having a girl and people convinced I'm having a boy. J's great grandmother (who turned 100 right before Thanksgiving) is certain it's a girl and apparently she called all 3 of one of her granddaughter's kids.

Not too much of note to mention for this week. 

J and I picked up the nursery furniture on Friday and I'm hoping to at least put those boxes in the room very soon (as a sign that we're finally making progress in the nursery). And we braved the crowds (and interesting people) to finish our registry at Babies R Us yesterday. I feel good about getting that done, but now I'm anxious to get the Target one started and finished. 

My lunch date on Thursday was great! I was so thankful to get truthful information that wasn't completely terrifying! I realize it's going to be tough and that there will be moments when I might break down (who am I kidding, might?), but I'm thankful to know that I'm not the only one. My friend also suggested a book that I went out and got and am reading now. Reading this book makes me more anxious to meet our babe and figure out what kind baby it's going to be!

Just a couple more weeks in the second trimester, then we really are in the home stretch. Crazy!

Oh, and my apologies for no week 25 pic, but I was being lazy. There will be a week 26 pic.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

yay for baby updates! :)