Monday, January 16, 2012

randoms.

My intention for this week is to blog every day. I'm sure if it doesn't happen, most people won't care, much less notice.

•Jack is a crawling machine! In the last day or two, it's become more obvious that he's not happy unless he's crawling. The moment anyone sets him down he's off to the races. The only way to deter him, it seems, is to put him near something he can pull up on. Crawling and pulling up. That's our life right now.

•With every passing day, I'm less satisfied with our video monitor choice. If I remember correctly we did a little research, but obviously it wasn't enough. We get so much feedback all the time and we've had issues with the audio also. Sometimes if we turn it off while it's still plugged into the charger then try to turn it back on, there's no sound. I definitely think for future children well do a different monitor. Who knows...maybe in the near future I can talk J into a new one.

•J and I have never had a real budget for ourselves. I always thought that since we had a somewhat irregular income (thanks magazine business), it was nearly impossible to budget our money. Apparently I was wrong. Thanks to Dave Ramsey, we're now working toward a budget and hopefully becoming debt-free! I'm pretty pumped about getting everything going and I have high hopes for the future! Has anyone done Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover?

•This past Saturday I had lunch with a couple girlfriends I don't see often enough. We had good food, great conversation and ended up spending 2.5 hours in the restaurant catching up! I think I needed a lunch date like that, and I know I need to take more time for myself like that in the future.

•Poor Gus is having serious skin issues. He's been on steroids for it for months and though he goes through periods when his skin looks basically normal, it continues to flare up. There's not much we can do, except going to some veterinary dermatologist to find out what he might be allergic to, but that seems a bit silly and, honestly, our vet says that pugs are just yeasty dogs. It makes me so sad to see his skin looking so awful. And, to make matters worse he's very aware that Jack has overtaken him in our "pack" and doesn't like it one bit. I hope he knows we still love him and that he'll always be our first furbaby.

•I'm typing this post on our iPad. Not easy, but convenient!

Happy Monday y'all!

1 comment:

[darci @ the good life] said...

Hey there-

Congrats to Jack on being a crawling machine! Our Jackson isn't crawling just yet, but I know it's coming soon and it's bittersweet.... I think I'd actually be okay with it if he just wants to delay it as long as possible? Ha!

And that stinks on the monitor front - we lucked out in that the new version of the AngelCare had just come out a few months before Jackson was born and I snagged the only one they had in stock at the local Babies R Us for 3 weeks! Ours is the Angelcare deluxe (I think)... it has sound, video and detects their heartbeat. Hands down, I'd say this has been our best purchase of all of the baby "stuff". I'm sure there is already something bigger / better on the market though seeing as how technology is constantly improving!

And your poor pup - we can relate as Rose (english bully) has had some of the same issues. Thankfully none in the past few years, which is super surprising (maybe she caught on that a babe was on the way and trips to the vet were expennnsiiivvveee!).

Sorry for the long, random reply... I'm comment happy apparently.

Hope you have a great week!