Friday, December 11, 2009

HMT: Update

I'm on week 4 of my HM training, and I think things are going swimmingly runningly {not funny? sorry}. I've done the first two weeks of the training twice each, and I'll do my final 4-mile long run this Sunday.

I have to say that I'm a bit nervous about upping my distance, but I know I can do it. Everytime I mention to other runners that I'm going to run a half, they are so encouraging, and let me tell ya...it goes a long way.

With the weather turning much colder {especially in the last few days...} and the winds picking up {seriously, Oklahoma, what is WITH the winds?} running outside isn't really my favorite daily activity. But, I'm thinking I'll have to just suck it up and do it, since I'm potentially pushing up my the date of my first official half.

No, I'm not creating my own Montgomery-sponsored race, I'm really thinking about doing a run before the OKC Memorial.

Some friends of ours live in Ardmore, and there's a 5k, half and full-mary from the Arbuckle mountains into Ardmore. Uhh, I checked out the course for the race, and it's mostly straight and mostly downhill {perfect for my first half, doncha think?}. Anyway, it'd be fun to run with friends, spend the weekend with friends, and accomplish my first half...with friends {didn't see that one coming, did ya?}.

Interested in a fabulous March run from the Arbuckles into Ardmore? Go here. Not interested? Go here or here or here.

3 comments:

Rachel Leos said...

Hey Emily! Where did you get your half marathon training program? Jesse and I are going to do the Rock in Roll half Marathon in Dallas in March, so we need to get going. Especially since I can't even run a mile right now! ~ Rachel

e.bynum said...

Yea Emily:) I am in for the half too! Just needing to get some warmer cloths to run outside, its so cold right now. Way to go on your training, when you up your miles the way you are it makes the transition easier on you. I am so proud of you! Can't wait till March:)

Emily said...

Rachel, I just googled half marathon training. Mine is Hal Higdon's training. So far, it's going ok. Like I said in my post, I'm a little nervous about bumping up to 5, but I'm sure I can do it.