Sunday, December 27, 2009

HMT: Update

Today was my second time to step up my distance.

I haven't been the best at keeping up with my training since Blizzard '09 hit OK just before Christmas. I told myself I would definitely run on Thursday...that didn't happen. I told myself I would definitely run on Friday...that didn't happen. And then I told myself that I would for sure do pilates for my cross-training on Saturday...that didn't happen. {Noticing a pattern here??}

So, my 5-miler was scheduled for today. I wasn't going to let that slip by, so I hit the treadmill. I would have certainly preferred to try my hand at 5 miles outside, but the snow/ice was really cramping my style.

I ran with Real Housewives of NYC on the tv, which provided enough distraction that I didn't even see my distance until 4.5 miles. Yes! I made the full 5 and I couldn't be more proud {well, I could if I'd ran outside, but that didn't happen, so I'm proud of my 5 treadmill miles}.

Now that I have my Garmin, I'm kinda chomping at the bit to get outside and work with it! Maybe by next Sunday {and my next 5-miler} I'll have dry roads to run on!

Looks like I'm really on my way to running that half-marathon!!

No comments: