Monday, January 4, 2010

HMT: Update

Let me tell ya, last week was not my best training effort. Despite my own personal guilt, I think {it's true, I can't really remember} I only ran on Tuesday.

I told myself I'd run. I even took my workout gear to Dallas so I could hop on one of the treadmills that LT's apartment complex offers, but nope. Didn't happen.

So, this week, I know I need to get back on the training train {ha!}, but the weather doesn't seem to want to cooperate. As trusty Gary England said tonight on the news, the Arctic barn door is open {I know, what?} and won't shut until at least Sunday.

The low tomorrow morning? 20ish, with a windchill of 6...ish. Wednesday morning is pretty much the same, but Thursday...oh Thursday. This is when it gets really interesting.

See, Thursday has decided to throw us a little high of, oh, around 18. And I think, I think, the winds are going to be in the 30 mph range. Suuuhhhweeet!

So, what does all this meteorology talk mean? It means my training has moved from morning outdoor workouts to their evil stepsister of afternoon inside workouts. It always seems to happen that when I have to wait until 4:30 or 5 to get on the treadmill, I'm way less likely to do it. Ugh!

Wish me luck. I hope the damn barn door shuts. And soon. Thank you.

No comments: