Sunday, January 3, 2010

I could've asked for a better night ... but I had a blast.

I've never really been one to make a lot out of New Year's Eve. In my opinion, it's one of those holidays when you're supposed to have fun, hence, you have minimal to no fun. So, the last couple of years, we've made loose plans in hopes that whatever we choose is chill enough, but still heavy on fun.

This year was no different. Except that it was totally different.

We've tried our hand at going to Dallas for NYE a couple of times, but each time, it just hasn't panned out, and we've ended up staying in good ol' OK. This year, however, we vowed to head south to Big D {I seriously cringe when people call Dallas this...seriously, I'm still cringing because I wrote it.}.

Nothing big. No club. No cover. No posers.

Instead, some friends were throwing a party at their house, which we would {willingly} attend and one of our best friends kindly offered up her own bed as a sacrifice to ensure that we'd be in Dallas for NYE {thanks LT!}.

Our day started with a W for the Sooners in the whatchamacallit Bowl {it was actually the Brut Sun Bowl, but seriously, who even knows what that is??}. Go Sooners! Our bowl losing streak is over!

The game was a lot longer than we thought, so we hightailed it back to LT's apartment to gussy ourselves up a bit before dinner and said house party.

Dinner was at Rocco's, a pizza place near LT's apartment. We were {of course} late, but the pizza was good. And, did I mention that we witnessed a fight between workers in the kitchen? One of the fighters {who also happened to be J's bf at Rocco's} was kicked out...never to return again {until his next shift, maybe?}. The food was good, and we were able to take some back home, for a little after-party snack!

By the time we made it to said party, it was in full swing! There were good tunes and a spread of food that, even after scarfing on pizza and cheese bread {your welcome my end of the table!}, I could hardly keep myself from hovering over.

A midnight kiss, a champagne toast, sparklers, fireworks, tearing up the dance floor and many hilarious one-liners later {hence this post's title, thanks ZB!}, it's 2010 and I can hardly believe it!

I hope everyone had a fabulous and safe NYE...onto the next one, I guess!

No comments: